- 20-25 prawns with shell on and head on.
- 1 Medium to large red onion finely chopped.
- 1 Mild chilli finely chopped (use 2 if you like the heat).
- Half a cup of lemon juice.
- Half a cup of olive oil.
- A dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- A handful of chopped parsley to garnish.
- Cooked rice for 2 (I like to cook the rice in fish or vegetable stock with salt, for flavour).
Remember, taste is very subjective so slightly adjust quantities of the chilli to what you believe would suit your taste.
I prefer head-on because the best flavour in a prawn comes from the meat in the head. Suck the head once it is broken from the body – delicious.